Baccarat is a popular card game that has been a favourite among players for centuries now. It has different origins from different parts of the world, and the advent of online casinos has made it possible for the game to be played in different areas, which in turn increased its popularity because players across the globe can now enjoy its thrilling mechanics.
In this article, we will be looking at the different rules and strategies you can apply when playing baccarat to increase your chances of winning and make the game more enjoyable.
Also Read – Online Blackjack: An Ultimate Guide
What The Game Of Baccarat Is
Baccarat is a game that is played by comparing cards gamed between two hands, which is the hand of the player” and the “banker.”
Every baccarat round is called a coup and the game has three potential outcomes: “player” (player has the higher score), “banker,” and “tie.”
How To Play It
As a player, it is important that you understand how to play this game online if you want to have more leverage.
- To play online baccarat, Place a bet on either the Player, Banker, or Tie.
- The Player and the Banker are dealt with two cards, each from a shuffled deck.
- After that, the total points of the cards will be calculated with the aim of being able to get as close to 9 as possible.
What Are The Rules Of The Game?
The rules of the game are as follows:
- Cards 2-9 are worth face value, 10s and face cards are worth 0, and Aces are worth
- If the total of the two cards is a two-digit number, only the last digit counts. For example, a 9 and a 7 (which total 16) make up a 6-point hand.
- A third card can be drawn for the Player or the Banker’s hand according to specific rules.
Even though baccarat like every other online casino game is a game of chance, certain strategies can also be applied to increase a player’s chances of winning.
Some of these effective strategies are:
- Avoid Tie Bet: This is because it has a much higher house edge compared to the Player or Banker bets.
- Bet on the Banker: The Banker bet has a slightly lower house edge, making it a safer bet.
The payout strategies are:
- A winning Banker bet pays 1:1 minus a 5% commission to the house.
- A Tie bet pays 8:1 or 9:1, depending on the casino.
- A winning Player bet pays 1:1.
How To Know If You Are Winning
As a player, it is important you know when you are winning or losing a game so you have a clear understanding of your game and any areas for improvement.
Knowing if a player is winning can be done by checking check the points of both the Player’s and the Banker’s hands. The hand that is closest to 9 wins the game.
Also Read – Online Dragon Tiger: An Introduction and Guide
When you are playing the online baccarat game, see it as an opportunity to have fun rather than being hung up on your losses. Understand the rules and strategies, then apply them to gain more advantage because even if you’re new to the game or a seasoned player, it still promises a thrilling online gaming experience.